Job ID: ET150430
Job Title: Windows System Administrator
Term: 6+ month contract
Date Posted: 22-April-2016
The Windows System Administrator is responsible for the administration, implementation, support and management of the IT infrastructure systems.
Windows system administration, Enterprise patch management applications, and System performance monitoring tools.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of servers and systems by monitoring system performance,configuration, maintenance and repair.
- Ensure that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained.
- Participate in projects to implement applications to the server infrastructure in support of a business need or a business solution to ensure operational reliability.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of critical system resources.
- Interface with customers, peers, and managers to evaluate and understand business needs.
- Participate in the investigation and resolution of security related incidents.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent training and experience.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years relevant System Administrator experience.
Additional experience and/or knowledge of:
- SCCM. Application packaging and deployment
- Patch evaluation and deployment: SCCM, WSUS
- Windows 2003, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012: Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP, GPO
- Powershell, vbscript
- Windows server technologies: IIS
- Symantec Enterprise products (Brightmail SPAM appliance, Symantec Anti-Virus)
- VMware ESX and ESXi Server