Job ID: AB150623
Job Title: Systems Network Engineer with NetApp Experience
Date Posted: 23-Jun-2015
The Systems Engineer is a senior level in MS Active Directory, NetApp Filers, Scripting, IIS support, MS server systems, VMware, active directory architecture and HP Enclosures. The evaluation, design and documentation of solutions are critical in the role of the Systems Engineer II. Leads, plans, designs, and implements solutions in alignment with IMS and business needs. Also responsible for leading junior engineers in service delivery in maintaining servers, services, uptime, and disaster recovery. From time to time, Systems Engineer II will be part of a project, in various roles, as assigned. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- HP Enclosures, and ILO
- Design, support, and maintain Microsoft AD infrastructure and logic.
- Perform Windows virtualization implementation, support, and upgrades - VMWare
- Responsible for User and Identity management
- Provides administration support for SharePoint initiatives
- Performs OS upgrades, deployments, and maintenance
- Disaster recovery planning, testing, and support
- Work cooperatively with the IMS team for ongoing issues and collaboration on new projects.
- Troubleshoot, assist users, and resolve system hardware and software
- Maintains technical expertise consistent with changes in technology and company needs
- Keeps informed of computing and technology developments and products via contacts with outside vendors, organizations, and periodicals; communicates IMS system requirements and directions to professional and technical industry associations and vendors. Prepares and delivers both high-level and detailed presentations to ABS management and user groups.
- Reviews and ensures conformance with standards, policies and procedures involved with or related to the delivery of IMS services.
- Responsible for infrastructure changes through change control processes and procedures.
- Oversees the development of plans for systems upgrades based on projected growth of system utilization.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and/or at least 5 years of experience in the field, and/or Microsoft certification(s)
- Knowledge of or experience with Windows Server and Windows Server Data Center 2008/Server 2012/2012r2 operating systems.
- 7+ Years’ experience in supporting an enterprise AD environment
- Extensive understanding of and experience with HP enclosures, VMware, SAN
- NetApp Filer experience
- VMWare experience
- Capable of managing multiple priorities through the development of project plans and project management.
- Experience working with groups, which support infrastructure applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proactive, energetic self-starter with good problem solving skills
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment with little supervision.