Job ID: ET160440
Job Title: Linux System Administrator
Date Posted: 22-April-2016
The Linux Systems Administrator is responsible for the administration, implementation, support and management of the IT infrastructure systems.
Basic Linux system administration; Enterprise Storage, Enterprise Backups, Security; System performance monitoring tools.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of servers and systems by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of critical system resources.
- Participate in planning and implementation of projects for system operations and systems administration.
- Interface with customers, peers, and managers to evaluate and understand business needs.
- Participate in the investigation and resolution of security related incidents
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent training and experience.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years relevant Systems Administrator experience.
Additional experience and/or knowledge of:
- Oracle Linux and Red Hat Linux administration
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012, builds and installs
- Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP, DFS and group policies
- Patch evaluation and deployment
- Microsoft clustering technologies
- Enterprise Storage (EMC preferred)
- Enterprise Backups (EMC Networker preferred)
- Unix/Linux technologies: printing, nfs, ftp, scp, kickstart
- VMware ESX and ESXi Server