Job ID: AB150716
Job Title: Application Server Administrator
Date Posted: 16-July-2015
- Responsible for on-going Implementation, Support, and efficient operations of Oracle Application Servers
- Provides consulting expertise on tools, design methods, and procedures to other IMS personnel and users.
- Works with project teams to design and implement complex solutions.
- Assists in the analysis and recommendation for the adoption of new tools, design methods, procedures.
- Responsible for on-going implementation, support, and efficient Operations of Oracle Application Servers, Oracle WebLogic Server, and Oracle WebLogic Portal.
- Work with other team members to ensure quick resolution of customer issues.
- Set up and maintain Disaster Recovery site Application Server infrastructure.
- Communicate status of projects, system issues, observations, and customer concerns to IMS Manager of Database Services.
- Bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent, from an accredited university, in data processing discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- 2+ years of experience as Oracle Application Server Administrator.
- 2 + years of 24 x 7 operational support experience in a production environment.
- Proficient in Oracle WebLogic 10g, 11g, and 12c Administration on Linux/Unix.
- Proficient in Oracle Application Server (IAS) Administration on Linux/Unix
- Proficient in Oracle WebLogic Portal, Apache Server, Tomcat, JBOSS, J2EE, WLST, and Linux Shell Scripting (Korn Shell, Bash,Perl).
- Knowledge of relational database management systems, Networking, Virtualization (VMWare), Oracle Enterprise Manager, DynaTrace APM, BlueCoat Proxy SG, or Oracle SOA Suite will be a plus.
- Good understanding of application development lifecycle.
- Good understanding of multi-tier applications.
- Ability to perform system analysis, problem solving, and system performance tuning.
- Good understanding of UNIX, Linux, and Windows Systems.
- Understanding of the methodologies of system development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing computer solutions for Enterprise Application Systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills to achieve departmental goals within a matrix organization; ability to communicate and work well with others at all levels of the corporation.
- Due to requirements of U.S. Military contracts, employees in this position must be U.S. Citizens or hold Permanent Resident status.